httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Getting 5000 concurrent connections and 400 requests per second with Apache
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:10:06 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:53:00 +0530
"Abhinav Bhagwat" <abhinavbhagwat@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to connect 5000 clients simultaneously to apache. I have
> increased the ulimit and /etc/security/limits.conf limits. I have
> also modified the httpd.conf to serve MaxClients upto 10000 and
> increase the Timeout to 1500.

That's way too long.  1500 milliseconds would make more sense,
unless you serve particularly slow clients.

>	 The keepAlive is set to On as i need to
> send multiple requests on each connection.

High connection numbers + keepalive is the classic case for the
Event MPM.  That's new in 2.2.  Though it should also work with
Worker MPM.

If necessary, read some of the ApacheCon papers from power-users
describing getting 100000 concurrent connections.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/