httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can Apache front multiple instances of Tomcat
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:35:18 GMT
Yes I think so...
Your best place for documentation is the JK Tomcat documentation on the
subject.... both official and unofficial (google).

 .... you need to also read the documentation... this is conceptual... but
in essense

JkMount /TestRemoteIp/*  worker1
    Maps the relative URI to a worker
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
    maps that to the tomcat connection port, domain and protocol

So in theory there is no problem as long ass you make sure that the Tomcats
and Apache can all coexist on the server.
eg Apache port 80
Tomcat0 8080 connection port 8009
Tomcat1 8081 connection port 9009

So in actual fact you are mapping every single web-app to the desired
Tomcat....

With very little modification to the above arrangement, you can do load
sharing as well.... ie apache will round robin  between Tomcats
AND.... there is no reason why you cant have two apache's serving those
tomcats as well.... ie full redundancy.

JK and Apache are pretty cool
Have fun