httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor Trac" <victor.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Ask for suggestions - 25000 visitors
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:25:52 GMT
My server just hit front page digg.com, and it was #7 on the
alexa.commovers and shakers list.  A single thread on a forum I host
was the culprit,
and the page itself must have 10-15 mysql queries generated by PHP.  At one
point I had 3,400 simultaneous connections, moving over 20megabits of
traffic PER SECOND.  I moved at least 100gbs of traffic in 48 hours.  All of
this was on a tuned dual-processor Opteron 246 with 2 gbs of RAM.  So yeah,
25k visitors/week is nothing and can be handled easily by any modern
hardware.

--Victor