httpd-users mailing list archives

From "thomas Armstrong" <tarmstr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with an extra Rewrite Rule before a RewriteCond
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:25:07 GMT
Thank you everybody.

However I'm still gettint the same odd effect. I tried:
RewriteRule ^faq index.php?page_id=119 [R,L] ---> it doesn't mask the URL
RewriteRule ^faq index.php?page_id=119 [R,TP] --> Internal server error
RewriteRule ^faq index.php?page_id=119 --> it's caught by index.php, I suppose

I also tried by editting it on 'httpd.conf':
RewriteRule http://myblog.com/faq http://myblog.com/index.php?page_id=119 [R,L]
..

But I'm not sure Apache is taking it into account. :(

On 5/30/07, Vincent Bray <noodlet@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/05/07, Russ <rsivak@istandfor.com> wrote:
> > I'm a bit confused.  R means redirect, meaning the server sends the 301 or 302 header
to the browser.  In either case, the browse will redirect to the new URL and that's what will
show in the address bar.  How evactly do you make things redirect without proxying and without
a change in the address bar?