httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Can't view SSL-enabled pages using Firefox
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:27:23 GMT

Do you understand what you are being asked to do? At the start of an SSL
session, the browser and server negotiate to decide what type of cipher
to use (the cipher is the set of algorithms to use when encrypting the
data). Normally, both sides have a wide range of ciphers installed (the
cipher suite) and so can reach agreement pretty quickly. It looks like
your server and browser have particularly restricted cipher suites so
cannot find a match and so can't communicate.

Commenting out the directive will allow the default setting to apply and
since this allows a wide range of ciphers, there's a good chance the
browser will be able to match it.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Another reason is that I searched the Internet (google search on the
> error message I am seeing) and some sites suggest that my new
> server may
> not have all the crypto libraries installed.  I am running Apache on
> Solaris.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

the sender's company.