httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Invalid URI in request
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:17:48 GMT

On Jun 27, 2007, at 11:51, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2007, at 11:33, Joshua Slive wrote:
>

>> My last-ditch effort to find the cause would be to run httpd -X under
>> gdb and set a breakpoint at that error message. Another option would
>> be simply to replace r->the_request with r->uri in the error message
>> so that you can see what is really triggering the problem.  (That
>> might actually be a good patch in general; it is silly to test the
>> validity of one thing and then report a possibly different thing in
>> the error message.) My best guess is that something in your script is
>> causing r->uri to get rewritten to an invalid path.

Thanks, Joshua. This helped me isolate the problem which was a
misbehaving RewriteMap that was returning non-null values when I
thought it should be returning null values - something that I don't
think would ever have occurred to me from just looking at the error
messages - and was causing a [PT] to be triggered to a fully-
qualified http://www.example.com/ type URL. Amazingly, the request
was in fact handled correctly after spewing the error message.

--
If you miss this moment
You miss your life