httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jon Keys <ke...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Geolocation Question
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:01:41 GMT
Hi,I'm setting up some load balancing based on Apache with mod_proxy_balancer and I'd like
to incorporate geolocation based on IP address into the load balancing algorithm. I know that
IP's are not a reliable way of determining location, but we purchased a package from ip2location
to try and be as accurate as possible. Even still, it's not perfect and that's OK because
we are just distributing the load of some free downloads ... if someone gets redirected to
a server that's not that close to them it won't be the end of the world.Anyway, does anyone
know of such a patch / mod / plugin / application compatible with apache2? If not, some pointers
on where to begin developing this would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Jon
Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile!

http://mobile.msn.com