httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Salcedo, Simon" <Simon.Salc...@patriarchdirect.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache ssl certs
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:17:21 GMT
Kirthi,

When the certs were generated, the domain name was used.  In your .conf,
the ServerName entry is probably your IP address.

Regards,

Simon

________________________________

From: Kirthi Narayan [mailto:kirthiks@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 3:12 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache ssl certs

This is the following error i am getting, i have given the cn name as
the same system hostname.

MIsmatched address

The security certificate issued was issued for a different website
address

the probelm maybe indicate to fool you or intercept any data you send to
the server.

We recommand you to close the web browser

On 6/12/07, Graeme Fowler <graeme@graemef.net> wrote:

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 01:12 +0530, Kirthi Narayan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have some issues with ssl certs, i am generating the certs with the
> following commands and putting the certs file in apache conf
> directory.
>
> When i browse for https i get certification error. Could any one guide
> me on this.

What errors do you get?

Graeme