httpd-users mailing list archives

From <ramakrishnaprasad.annasamud...@wipro.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Pool memory allocation - apache
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:50:02 GMT

Hi,

One more query.Sorry i am new comer to apache.
We are trying to create a custom log file by using hook handler apr_hook_open_logs().
We are passing server_rec * and apr_pool_t * to the handler in apr_hook_open_logs().
Then we are allocating memory for our file name holder variable using calloc()
We are trying to open the log file using apr_file_open.

The problem:

1.The file creation is successfull.But this particular piece of code is making 'apachectl
start' to fail. It does not register any error in error log also. This happens in apr_hook_open_logs().
2. We are able to write to the file also using apr_file_printf().

Can any one help with an idea why we are getting this problem?

Thanks & regards,
Raamkrishna

of this message and any attachments.

www.wipro.com