httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric DuToit" <eric.dut...@fedex.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache using AD autentication
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 19:12:37 GMT

What have you done already to attempt to accomplish this??

I don't know if this doc will work, but a quick Google search for "apache active directory
authentication" turned up a slew of links with this one being at the top:
http://www.trustix.org/wiki/index.php/Active_Directory_Authentication_with_Apache

One of the best ways to get answers on this and other mailing lists is to do a little leg
work (a.k.a. RTFM & STFW) before you ask questions, and then, detail what you have already
done to attempt to resolve your question in the e-mail so that a.) We know what common things
have already been tried, and b.) we know that you're really interested in getting this resolved
and are not just trying to waste others time.

I think it was Sashi that linked to Eric Steven Raymond's "How To ask Questions the Smart
Way" http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html  which was a nice way of saying "Search
the Fabulous Web" (STFW)

--
Eric DuToit

(sorry about the crappy top reply courtesy "outlook")

-----Original Message-----
From: Mauricio Cavalcanti [mailto:mauriciopcavalcanti@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:51 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache using AD autentication

Hi,
i put a apache web server into windows network working with Active Directory
(AD). After that, I put many sites on it, but here is the problem:

My workstations is running w2k (authenticated in AD). Some sites has to be
restricted only to some (AD) users or groups and I want to use the
workstation autentication to check if the user is able or not to see the web
page without any prompt.

What´s the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Mauricio