httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Morgan Gangwere" <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Customized 403-404 error pages
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:34:13 GMT
can you make apache use different errordocs w/o changing any config
files? im using a free webhost that dosnt allow for special config
files...

On 6/30/07, Nanu Kalmanovitz <nanu@kalmanovitz.co.il> wrote:
> I did the necessary changes ;-)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Nanu
>
> Nanu Kalmanovitz
> Technologies
> Tel.: 972-3-5523542   Celular: 050-5843879
> Kalmanovitz Bros. computerization promotion Ltd.
> P.O.Box 3434 Holon 58133 Israel
> www.kalmanovitz.co.il

> On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 07:51:29 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > On 6/30/07, Nanu Kalmanovitz <nanu@kalmanovitz.co.il> wrote:
> >>
> >> # ErrorDocument 403 /error/HTTP_FORBIDDEN.html.var
> >> ErrorDocument 403 \
> >>
> http://www.kalmanovitz.co.il/k_comm/Templates/Error_Pages/403_Access_forbidden.HTM
> >>
> >> # ErrorDocument 404 /error/HTTP_NOT_FOUND.html.var
> >> ErrorDocument 404 \
> >>
> http://www.kalmanovitz.co.il/k_comm/templates/Error_Pages/404-NOT_FOUND.htm
> >>
> >> How can I set it to display my error pages and log the error codes
> too?
> >
> > Look at the docs for the Errordocument directive, and in particular
> > the big box about the consequences of using an absolute URL. You can
> > probably fix your problem simply by deleting everying up to co.il in
> > the ErrorDocument target.                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> ITYM: everything up _through_.
>
> Jonesy

Morgan gangwere

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.