httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gunther Mayer <gunther.ma...@googlemail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Errors with 2.2.4/mod_proxy_ajp and tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:48:46 GMT
Hi there,

I do the sysadmin for a relatively new site and our apache 2.2.4 is
serving some static&php content while our main application is served by
jboss-4.0.5 which is bundled with tomcat 5.5. I set this up a few months
ago and investigated mod_proxy_ajp vs mod_jk and decided to go with the
former as it seems like the way to do it in future.

However, I get spurious errors in my logs many times a day:

[Thu Jun 28 11:33:43 2007] [error] [client 41.204.199.248] proxy: error
processing body, referer: https://myserver.com/myapp/purchase.jsp?cid=5
21&clr=true
[Thu Jun 28 11:33:43 2007] [error] proxy: got bad response (5) from
[::1]:8009 (localhost)

As you can see tomcat is running on the same machine as apache. My
apache is prefork with the following relevant configuration:

<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
    StartServers          5
    MinSpareServers      10
    MaxSpareServers     100
    MaxClients         1000
    MaxRequestsPerChild   0
</IfModule>

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass /myapp ajp://localhost:8009/myapp min=4 max=100 smax=40
ProxyPassReverse /myapp ajp://localhost:8009/myapp

Any idea what could be wrong??? I've searched google up and down and
came across a couple of related bugs, all of which are either fixed in
2.2.4 or don't apply to my situation (prefork & no fancy load balancing
or clustering).

Gunther