httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Don Denton" <denton....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .dll files versus .so files in modules in Windows
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:11:28 GMT
Thanks Charles.  It still isn't working, but I am going to go back and
double check all my paths.  And in response to Dragon, If I need any other
help, I'll be sure to go to the PHP mail lists, but I thought that this was
a problem with apache sending out the wrong file types or something along
those lines.

Thanks!

From: Charles Michener [mailto:micheck123@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:44 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] .dll files versus .so files in modules in Windows

My PhP installation put the following into my httpd.conf file and it works
for me

#BEGIN PHP INSTALLER EDITS - REMOVE ONLY ON UNINSTALL
PHPIniDir "C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\"
LoadModule php5_module "C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\php5apache2_2.dll"
#END PHP INSTALLER EDITS - REMOVE ONLY ON UNINSTALL

# LoadModule php5_module "c:/program files/php/php5apache2_2.dll"

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .phtml

Charles Michener

Don Denton <denton.don@gmail.com> wrote:

SETUP: I am running Windows XP home SP2. I downloaded Apache 2.0.59 and
then 2.2.4 (both using the windows32 bin with msi) to try to solve this
problem but it exists in both versions.

PROBLEM: In trying to enable the modules (specifically one dealing with
enabling PHP) I found that, instead of referring to ".dll" files, the
configuration file referred to ".so" files. I am new to this and from what
I can tell, those files should be ".dll". What should I do here? I have
tried to ignore the apparent problem, but as a result I could not enable
PHP. There seems to be no documentation on this, or after 4 hours of
searching, my brain was too fried to see it.

Thanks so much!
~Don