httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Don Denton" <denton....@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] .dll files versus .so files in modules in Windows
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 21:30:36 GMT
SETUP: I am running Windows XP home SP2.  I downloaded Apache 2.0.59 and
then 2.2.4 (both using the windows32 bin with msi) to try to solve this
problem but it exists in both versions.

PROBLEM: In trying to enable the modules (specifically one dealing with
enabling PHP) I found that, instead of referring to ".dll" files, the
configuration file referred to ".so" files.  I am new to this and from what
I can tell, those files should be ".dll".  What should I do here?  I have
tried to ignore the apparent problem, but as a result I could not enable
PHP.  There seems to be no documentation on this, or after 4 hours of
searching, my brain was too fried to see it.

Thanks so much!
~Don