httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Harrison ...@pixar.com>
Subject [users@httpd] hiding an oracle password in httpd.conf
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 00:30:51 GMT
I've got an oracle connect string that I need to pass to a
mod_python module.  Currently I'm storing in httpd.conf, but
I'm not crazy about that coz I'm storing the password in the
connect string (format: name/passwd@dbname).

Is there a general way to hide the password, or another place
to put it besides httpd.conf?  This is a non-financial app
behind a firewall, so absolute security is not needed, but I
would prefer something better than the plaintext passwd in
httpd.conf.

A pointer to an oracle-specific solution would be fine as well.

Many TIA!
Mark

--
Mark Harrison