httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .dll files versus .so files in modules in Windows
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 23:14:01 GMT
Don Denton wrote:
> SETUP: I am running Windows XP home SP2.  I downloaded Apache 2.0.59 and
> then 2.2.4 (both using the windows32 bin with msi) to try to solve this
> problem but it exists in both versions.
>
> PROBLEM: In trying to enable the modules (specifically one dealing with
> enabling PHP) I found that, instead of referring to ".dll" files, the
> configuration file referred to ".so" files.  I am new to this and from what
> I can tell, those files should be ".dll".  What should I do here?  I have
> tried to ignore the apparent problem, but as a result I could not enable
> PHP.  There seems to be no documentation on this, or after 4 hours of
> searching, my brain was too fried to see it.

What problem?  The LoadModule directives in your config refer to files in
the modules directory.  We name them with .so - but they are no different
than any other apache-compiled .dll.  You can LoadModule a (windows compiled)
apache module named mod_foo.so, or mod_foo.dll - the name makes no difference.

Bill