httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jorge González <jorge.gonza...@degesys.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] LoadBalancing with sessions
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:16:15 GMT
Hi!

Ok, Apache balancing requests. Another option is LVS without Apache
nither mod_load_balancer / mod_proxy_balancer. the problem: the user
with session is going always to the same backend web server. This is not
real balancing for me.

The major problem is do real balancing between servers and keeping user
session alive. I'm wondering if could be done with DRBD (shared disk) as
you say. Thre are two way to store sessions, on DB or Disk. Sessions on
DB is trivial, no problem. Sessions on disk, if are shared with DRBD
then maybe the question is solved?

Is for a shared hosting and users choose the way they develop. We
couldn't say users to store sessions on DB or Disk

thanks, Cheers!