httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gregor Mosheh <gre...@hostgis.com>
Subject [users@httpd] AddDefaultCharset not working?
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:34:12 GMT
Hi, all. I'm having a devil of a time getting my Apache to not output
charset clauses in its Content-type headers -- it insists on outputting
charset=iso-8859-1 although I'd like it to not do so.

(Background: we've recently taken on a customer who wants UTF-8 output
for their virtualhost, so he can render Slovak characters.)

According to the docs, AddDefaultCharset should be able to either set or
suppress the charset=iso-8859-1 clause, but it's not working...

httpd.conf disables the charset clause:
AddDefaultCharset Off

and the vhost enables and specifies the charset:
<VirtualHost 69.59.158.28:80>
   ServerName  www.turistickamapa.sk
   ServerAlias turistickamapa.sk
   ServerAlias www.mapy.hiking.sk