httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Segall <da...@segall.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Changeing the default web site
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:28:54 GMT
I would like to add my personal web site as the default to a server that
already has a default web site. The existing default web site is MythTV
<www.mythtv.org> and I don't want to make any changes to it because I am
frightened I will have to change the MythTV application.

I currently have my personal site as the default site on a different
computer and use a kluge involving my domain name manager and my router
to send requests to <http://www.example.com> and <http://example.com> to
one computer and requests to <http://mythtv.example.com> to the other.
Is there a way that I can configure one Apache server to achieve the
same result? I am happy to make changes to my personal web pages or at
the domain name manager or the router.

Thanks, David.