httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Liz Kim" <lizkim...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Mutilayered Authentication
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:10:31 GMT
Hello,

I have a question about multi-layered authentication.
Say there are 3 directories A, B and C
/A
/A/B
/A/B/C

1. Users with a login/password or on the <xxx.com> domain to be able to
access A:

<Directory /A>
 AuthUserFile a_passwd
 AuthType Basic
 Require valid-user
 order deny,allow
 deny from all
 allow from xxx.com
 Satisfy any
</Directory>

2. ONLY users on domain <yyy.com> are allowed to B:
<Directory /A/B>
 order deny,allow
 deny  from all
 allow from yyy.com
</Directory>

3. ONLY users on domain <zzz.com> are allow to C:
<Directory /A/B/C>
 order deny,allow
 deny  from all
 allow from zzz.com
</Directory>

It appears that both 2 and 3 are not working correctly.  They still prompt
for a login/password acting like a "Satisfy any"...
When I tried to put "Satisfy All" for 2 and 3, even the users coming from an
allowed domain are prompted for a login/passwd.

Any ways to turn these prompts for 2 and 3?

thank you!