httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Arnab Ganguly" <agangul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Launching one more unwanted daemon
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 16:20:46 GMT
Hi All,
I am using apache2.2 with MPM model as Worker in Solaris 5.9 .I have the
following configuration.

StartServers 1
ServerLimit 1
MaxClient 128
MaxSpareThreads 128
MinSpareThreads 1
ThreadsPerChild 128
MaxRequestPerChild 0

My requirement is to handle all the request by single process and want this
process to be active through out.Issue I get is that after Apache runs for
a longer time, one new process is launched apart from the active process
which was handling all the request.

I am not sure as why this new process is getting launched although I kept
ServerLimit and StartServers both as 1.Is the MaxRequestPerChild 0 is
creating the problem, as due to overload one more process is getting
launched or any particular module is responsible for the above?What to do to
prevent this?
I am not worried about the mod_cgid daemon.This process remains there from
the begining.I am worried about the extra daemon ie is getting
launched.Likealtogether there are 3 daemon
process.1 for mod_cgi and 2 for the core apache although I have kept
StartServers and ServerLimit both 1.Hope this is more clear.

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
Regards
-A