httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Alford" <the_presid...@canada.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Running Multiple Interpreters in a Single Page
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 05:18:40 GMT
List,

I have a piece of Ruby code and a piece of PHP code that I would like to serve as part of
one web page.  My server has been setup such that it can serve Ruby and PHP pages individually,
but I'm not sure if there exists the means to get Apache to interpret a block of Ruby code
in the same page as a block of PHP code?  As I understand it, Apache determines which interpreter
to used based on the extension of the page, so I would need to start by figuring out some
way to circumvent this obstacle.

Various web research I've done suggests that I might be able to use proxying to get the two
code modules served in one page, but I'm not sure what sort of performance penalties that
would incur?  The page I would like to create will be performance-sensitive, so if proxying
comes at a significant time cost, it will probably not be a viable solution to me.

Thanks for any help or ideas!
Bill