httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Watts <m.wa...@eris.qinetiq.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Custom Logs
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:46:11 GMT

>      I am new to Apache and I am trying to get the LogFormat and
> CustomLog directives to work because I need more detailed logs,
> information that even the LogLevel = debug can not show me (For example
> cookies among other things).  I uncommented both the LogFormat and
> CustomLog lines for the "combined" version, as well as my own LogFormat
> and CustomLog that I created.  However, no matter what I add to the
> format line (such as server ip or show cookies, etc.), the log file
> looks the same.  Is there something else that I need to disable or
> enable to get it to work>

LogFormat is for defining what the format of the log looks like, and what this
format is called.

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Accept-Language}i\"  \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined

The "combined" is the name of the format.

	CustomLog "/var/log/httpd/access_log" combined

Will use the previously defined "combined" format for logging to access_log.

If you wish to change this, I suggest you either create your own LogFormat to
use and change your CustomLog directives accordingly, or if you change the
"combined" format, you ensure that your CustomLog directives are configured
to use it.

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS