httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Allen Pulsifer" <pulsif...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Strange "expires" header
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 03:32:23 GMT
> I'm still wondering why mod_cache sets the expires header (or
> some other
> parameter, that causes the headers to be set).

Anything that goes in the cache has to have some expiration date--it can't
just live forever.  The manual explains how its computed.

> And why GET and HEAD requests get different headers...

That kinda makes sense.  If you aren't receiving the entity itself, then you
have nothing to cache, so why should the origin server bother telling you
when it expires?