httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Oyarzabal" <carlos.oyarza...@grupocash.com.mx>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Ask for suggestions - 25000 visitors
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:04:57 GMT
Hello,

We wait for spikes at first hours every day because the web site will
support a rally.
The pages requested will be mostly static.
The pageviews could reach 3 per visitor.
The queries could reach 5 per visitor.

Could you suggest me the hardware?

Thanks a lot

Carlos

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Kees Hoekzema [mailto:kees@tweakers.net]
Enviado el: MiƩrcoles, 27 de Junio de 2007 10:33 a.m.
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Asunto: RE: [users@httpd] Ask for suggestions - 25000 visitors

Hello,

> I was asked for a web site that could have 25,000 visitors DAILY for
> one week (it sounds like a rally). The application will be very small:
> every visitor will enter its ID and one promo codes.
25.000 is less than 1 per second, what type of page are they requesting?
Mostly dynamic or mostly static?
Do they come spread out during the day, or do you think it would be more
grouped in spikes?
Also, how many (dynamic) pageviews, how many queries on your mysql and
(total) requests would one visitor do?

> As you can see 25k visitors are a lot of, so I would like to have some
> recomendations to build my box (boxes) apache  + freeebsd + mysql
> based.
It sounds a lot, but it really isnt, at this moment im running 2.5M
pageviews / 40M requests per day on 5 servers with purely apache, and I got
enough room to grow.

So it all kinda depends on what hardware you were planning to use.

-kees