httpd-users mailing list archives

From malone <mal...@fxhome.com>
Subject [users@httpd] AliasMatch Problem - %2f in URL causes 404
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 12:17:04 GMT
I have an AliasMatch line as follows

AliasMatch ^/(.*) "/var/www/localhost/htdocs/test.php"

My aim is to make any URL be handled by the PHP script. This works great
for all URLs, unless they have %2f in them, e.g.

http://127.0.0.1/foo%2fbar

Instead of running the PHP script apache returns a 404 error. %2f
decodes to the "/" character, so I assume that is causing problems
somewhere. I also notice on my windows machine that %5c ("\") causes the
same problem.

Why doesn't my AliasMatch line work for those URLs? Surely any URL
should be aliased to the PHP script, and it shouldn't be possible to get
a 404 message unless the script generates one.

I'm running apache-2.0.58 on i686 Linux.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Toby Walsh