httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is mod_ssl enough to authenticate?
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 14:59:26 GMT
On 5/25/07, Naveen Rawat <naveen.rawat@otssolutions.com> wrote:

> I want to authenticate modules(certificate based) against each other before
> any communcation takes place among .Modules may reside on local and remote
> servers. In both cases,Is mod_ssl enough for authentication or I have to
> implement the authentication functionality in each module seperately ?
>

> I want to know , if mod_ssl will authenticate other modules from remote
> /local host or it authenticate clients only. ?

mod_ssl only encrypts the communications from client to/from server.

OpenSSL (on which mod_ssl is based) can be used to encrypt other sorts
of network streams, but I have really no idea what kind of
communication you are talking about or what you mean by "modules"
(obviously not apache modules, since those can't be "remote").

Joshua.