httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Experience in mod_rewrite in Apache 2.2
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 15:07:35 GMT
On 5/21/07, Dmitriy Gorbenko <bazil@agenstvo.com> wrote:

> And now, I did not understand how, by using only one
> RewriteRule     ^(.+)$ ${rd:%{THE_REQUEST}}
> rule and one programs, I can achieve such goal.

I can't personally tell what question you are asking here. What
exactly are you having problems with? Do you want help writing the
external map program?

As general advice, I'd avoid the external map program if possible.
They tend to be complicated, fragile, and error-prone. Plus they are
serialized, so they could become a bottleneck for your site.

I bet you could accomplish the same thing use a dbm RewriteMap.

Joshua.