httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Global Vhost/Redirect
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 19:20:02 GMT
On 5/18/07, Scott Wilcox <sc0tt@x0f.org> wrote:

>  I took the mod_rewrite approach, and it works flawlessly. One question I
> have, is that I often access the server via its IP instead of the canonical
> name. Is there a way to make apache use both domain.tld and its IP as the
> server name?
>
>  I've tried it with ServerAlias and it didn't make any difference, the only
> way I see of doing this would be duplicating the VirtualHost thats doing the
> redirecting and using the IP of the box as the server name.

I don't understand the question on several levels. Do you or don't you
want a request for http://your.ip.address/ redirected to
http://your.canonical.name/? If so, then it should happen
automatically with that recipe. If not, then you need to add a
specific RewriteCond excluding the ip address from being redirected.

Joshua.