httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Basic Authentication: Firefox requires twice while Explorer only once
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 15:03:06 GMT
On 5/10/07, Guillermo Pallarés <guillermo.pallares@sacnet.es> wrote:

>  Yes Joshua I did add a UseCanonicalName off line in my apache2.conf file
> and made sure that the server name is the same as the one in the url (it is
> an internal network, so the IP address is being used). Regarding the use of
> the trailing slash, I guess that is the problem I am having right not, but I
> can't know how.
>
>  I can't give you a public URL because I don't have access to the router,
> but I can give you the piece of html which is generating the error (if I
> comment the call to this file, then the second autenticathion request
> doesn't appear). Please see the attached file clock.html (I didn't find any
> trailing slash problem there)

What kind of "call to this file" do you use?

You should trace all the requests your browser is making as part of
whatever document is being requested. In one of these requests, the
hostname is probably changing, resulting in the new auth.
(Alternatively, perhaps there is simply a browser bug causing it to
forget credentials.) But there is really no way for us to know what is
going on from this side of the firewall.

(By the way, you have set Thunderbird to use the <small> font size for
your emails. This is rather annoying, even for someone with decent
vision.)

Joshua.