httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] single webpage redirect
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 23:14:03 GMT
On 5/6/07, Dave Henderson <dhenderson@digital-pipe.com> wrote:

>     The site2 is working fine and redirecting correctly.  It is site1 that
> contains the userdata that I would like to "redirect".

Just flip site2 and site1 in my description.

> I did try to use the
> redirect statement on the site1 server, but that didn't work.  It gave me
> the following error:
>
> The page isn't redirecting properly
>
> Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
> address in a way that will never complete.
>

> I am thinking there is an endless loop thats happening since the redirect is
> redirecting requests for the login.html to go to the same computer acessing
> the same document.  Everytime it requests that document, it redirects it.  I
> tried using a ServerAlias directive, but that didn't work either.  Wouldn't
> that have accomplished the same goal as creating an entirely new
> virtual-vhost in this situation?

As I said, you need to setup a <VirtualHost> for login on the same
machine as site1. Then you put the Redirect only in the <VirtualHost>
for site1. That way, when you get redirected to login, you won't hit
the redirect again causing a loop. (The same thing can be done with
mod_rewrite, but using <VirtualHost>s is simpler.

Joshua.