httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] InterModule Communications(DSO)
Date Sat, 05 May 2007 23:08:57 GMT
>           I am currently working with apache 2.0.59. Now in the process of writing some
apache2 add-on C-module (DSO).As you know DSO Modules can interact with the server core via
the Apache2 API. Using that API each module can access the server's data structures. Up to
this I am fine. But I have the confusion regarding InterModule (DSO Modules to DSO Modules)
communications i.e. how one DSO Module is interacting with other DSO modules?

> I think the InterModule interaction will also through Apache2 API, am I right?

This is another question that would be better addressed to the module
developers list
http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#modules-dev

In general, there are lots of types of inter-module communication. If
you just need to leave a simple per-request message for another
module, you can look at the notes table, which acts sort of like
internal env variables.

Joshua.