httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FD_SETSIZE
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 00:04:07 GMT
On 5/3/07, Eduardo Meyer <dudu.meyer@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, it is a resource problem which I havent fix, because I dont
> understand correctly what else, other than fd's Apache needs, so I can
> raise it.

I very much doubt that you will run into file descriptor limits if you
avoid separate logs for the vhosts. Other uses of file descriptors
would tend to grow with the number of simultaneous requests, rather
than the number of domains. If you want to examine what fd's apache is
using, try a tool like lsof.

By the way, when you get into the 100s or 1000s of vhosts, it is
almost always preferable to use a mass-vhosting solution like
mod_vhost_alias.

Joshua.