httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Writing an Apache 2.0 add-on (DSO) C-module
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 13:18:58 GMT
On 5/1/07, janmejay.tripathi <janmejay.tripathi@otssolutions.com> wrote:

>           I am currently working with apache 2.0.59. Now in a process of writing some
apache2 add-on C-module (DSO). I just got through documents provided in Nick knew's -->
www.apachetutor.org and also headers files in Apache2-Include directory. Still I am not feeling
comfortable for writing some application module. Please help me on this?

> Please provide me some good sources or some documents which will help me on writing some
add-on (DSO) C-module for   apache2.0.

To start with, unless you have a very compelling reason to target
2.0.59, you should really be looking at 2.2. No use starting your
development process with an already-obsolete version.

Second, if you like Nick's tutorials, then you should buy his book. I
haven't read it, but it is the definitive current guide to apache
module development.

Third, there are a few more docs here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/developer/

Fourth, one of the best way to learn is to look at the source of all
the modules included with apache. This is one of the benefits of open
sources.

Finally, if you have specific questions, there is a mailing list
devoted to module development:
http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#modules-dev

Joshua.