httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eduardo Meyer" <dudu.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FD_SETSIZE
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 21:18:56 GMT
> On 5/3/07, Eduardo Meyer <dudu.meyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > However, it is a resource problem which I havent fix, because I dont
> > understand correctly what else, other than fd's Apache needs, so I can
> > raise it.
>
> I very much doubt that you will run into file descriptor limits if you
> avoid separate logs for the vhosts. Other uses of file descriptors
> would tend to grow with the number of simultaneous requests, rather
> than the number of domains. If you want to examine what fd's apache is
> using, try a tool like lsof.
>
> By the way, when you get into the 100s or 1000s of vhosts, it is
> almost always preferable to use a mass-vhosting solution like
> mod_vhost_alias.
>
> Joshua.

Wow,

Very good pointing Mr Joshua, I didnt know such a module existed.
Simple and clear documentation. Is it a stable module?

Per-vhost directives, say, php_admin_flags, am I supposed to add 'em
into a <Directory> container?

I think with this module I cannot create some kind of configurations,
say, <Location> for speciall handlers and stuff, right? Say, like
mod_dav and mod_python configurations. They would all become global,
right?