httpd-users mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.24, mysql auth and vhosts
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 11:27:20 GMT
Does anyone actually have 2.2.4 with mod_dbd and mysql authing working?

I logged a bug as my testing shows it does not do what the docs state, and
it was closed with the simple statement of " it works for me " which might
be great for him but not so for us :)

If you do, am I leaving something out? Surely I dont have to go back to
apache 1.3 just to have working database authentication.

in global I have :
DBDriver mysql
DBDParams "host=hidden dbname=hidden user=hidden pass=hidden"
DBDPersist off
(The docs state these can all even be used in vhost block, but apache
fails to restart saying they are NOT allowed there so I left them in
global where it appears happier)

in a virtualhost block I have:
<Directory /removed>
  AuthName "Members"
  AuthType Basic
  AuthBasicProvider dbd
  AuthDBDUserPWQuery "SELECT user_passwd FROM user_info WHERE user_name = %s"
  Require valid-user
</Directory>

~# /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd  -l | grep dbd
   mod_authn_dbd.c
   mod_dbd.c

Am using apr_dbd_mysql.c in /usr/local/src/httpd-2.2.4/srclib/apr-util/dbd
did a buildconf and ./configure --with-apr=../apr  etc...

~#ldd /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd | grep libmysqlclient_r
         libmysqlclient_r.so.15 => /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.15
(0x40038000)

Now mysql reports it connects and logins in to the database but does not
do a query, it disconnects right away,  the apache logs report
"No DBD Authn configured!" and the user gets a 500 int server error..

Anyone have any pointers?

TIA
Res