httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] unknown in .htaccess files
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 06:46:46 GMT

Not very.

> if /webcam/ is a link to C:\wamp\www\webcam\ then
> should i put my .htpasswd in say c:\wamp\.htpasswd-webcam instead?

Err... I think so. Maybe you missed the big red box at the bottom of
this page: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authn_file.html

> also, how do i make a different page for say the user "admin" come up?

One idea might be to try a RewriteRule based on the REMOTE_USER
server-variable, eg:

RewriteCond %{REMOTE_USER}  ^admin$
RewriteRule ^/.*$	          /admin_page.html

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> help is appreciated
>
> (and don't criticize me on .htaccess - i like it. and i dont have
> anything better readily availible
> - --
> Just a Thought
> Morgan Gangwere