httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Foster, Stephen \(ASPIRE\)" <steve.fos...@hmrcaspire.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] TRACE and Apache 2.x
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 09:42:04 GMT
We never got this to work properly.We ended up moving to 2.0.55 and using the traceenable feature:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#traceenable

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeroen Vriezen [mailto:jeroen.vriezen@gmail.com]
Sent: 29 May 2007 09:57
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] TRACE and Apache 2.x

Hello,

Currently we are using Apache 2.0.46. On the 1.3.x version we always used the following mod_rewrite
rule to disable the TRACE option:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
RewriteRule .* - [F]

When using these rules on Apache 2.0.46, TRACE is still possible. Beside the fact that the
whole TRACK & TRACE
"security issue" is not that interesting, I still wonder how TRACE can be disabled in Apache
2.0.46. I've also tried the TraceEnable option but that
options seems to be supported in 2.0.55 and later only.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Kind Regards,

Jeroen.