httpd-users mailing list archives

From <ramakrishnaprasad.annasamud...@wipro.com>
Subject [users@httpd] shutting down apache from a 'C' program
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 05:47:15 GMT

Hi,

We are trying to shutdown apache server through a 'C' program.
We tried calling system("httpd -k stop").
Also we tried to spawn a child process and replace using exec with the "<server-root>/bin/httpd","-k","stop").
But none of them worked.I am unable to understand the dynamics of apache processes are being
run so that i can shut down the apache server gracefully through the program.i tried using
ap_graceful_stop_signalled().But it also didn't work in our case.Any help please!Any one has
done this before and succeeded too?Thankyou in advance

of this message and any attachments.

www.wipro.com