httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: High volume issues using mod_proxy (balancer,http,ajp) on Apache 2.2.4 across multiple tomcat 5.5.23 clusters - Configuration issues or bugs?
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 17:51:11 GMT
Some pointers:

    MaxRequestsPerChild 512
    This means that after an Apache child process handles
    512 requests, it will be killed off (and a replacement will
    need to be forked). With 45+ million request per
    hour, that's a lot of forking.

    Min/MaxSpareServers 512
    You are telling Apache that you want between 512
    and 512 idle Apache processes. If you have more,
    kill them off; less, add more. Can you see the
    issue with this? :)

    (actually, Apache internally tries to handle
     this misconfig by setting Max to 513, but
     still, that's a REAL NARROW BAND)