httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dave Henderson <dhender...@digital-pipe.com>
Subject [users@httpd] single webpage redirect
Date Sat, 05 May 2007 21:52:58 GMT
Gang,

    I am trying to perform a redirect to another server when accessing a single webpage.
Currently there are two sites connected over a WAN that both have Apache running to serve
content.  However, just one of these locations contains user database information (for logging
into the websites).  Is it possible to tell Apache that when a specfic URL is accessed (eg
http://www.sitename.com/login.html) to be redirected to the server containing the user database
(located at a different IP address of course)?  I have looked on their website and don't think
that the redirect directive will work.  Although something like the RedirectMatch may.  Any
help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave