httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jaqui Greenlees <jaqui_greenl...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is Win32 Apache ready for prime time?
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 04:56:07 GMT

--- morgan gangwere <0.fractalus@gmail.com> wrote:

Morgan,

~snip~

> I have seen this with the mySQL connectivity in PHP
> - but its usually
> caused by NOT closing the connection to the MySQL
> server after you're done.

This is what I was referring to in my persistent
connections comment, but it can happen no matter what
database engine is being used.

> Remember, be a gentleman and close all your MySQL
> connections when
> you're done!

Exactly, the scripts are actually the cause of most
web exploits and server performance issues, not
configuration issues as a lot of people posting to
this list seem to think.

All this is actually better discussed off list, or on
a list focussed on the scripting / db best practices
rather than here. :)

Jaqui

Jeff Henager: "If the average user can put a CD in and boot the system and follow the prompts,
he can install and use Linux. If he can't do that simple task, he doesn't need to be around
technology."

Website: http://jaqui-greenlees.net

      Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with
the All-new Yahoo! Mail at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca