httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with an extra Rewrite Rule before a RewriteCond
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 16:33:47 GMT
On 30/05/07, Russ <rsivak@istandfor.com> wrote:
> The R flag means redirect.  You want P for proxy if you want the URL to not change, but
this brings with it a host of other issues.

Russ, you're correct regarding [R] but incorrect pertaining to [P] in
this case. He's rewriting to a local script so there's no need for
proxying. And as he requested, the client won't see the change.

However, I suspect he'll see a loop as this is in .htaccess and
further down the ruleset '.' is rewritten to index.php again.

Thomas, if you get a loop, add this line before your custom rule:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !index.php

--
noodl