httpd-users mailing list archives

From "j k" <jonnyk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] multiple domain hosting
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 05:34:44 GMT
On 5/11/07, Glen Vickers <ldwraith@xmission.com> wrote:

>  I'm having some difficulty using the virtual domain hosting on my
> server.  I have setup the virtual domains but it doesn't seem to recognize
> the two domains as they come in.  Here's my config.  What am I missing?

Looks a lot like the way I did it except I don't have the <Directory>
entries in httpd.conf  I have then within the respeective vhost file though
I don't know that that makes a difference.

One thing I note is that you are using:
ServerName 192.168.1.10:80

which puts your server on a local network. Unless you have a local
nameserver that resolves your 2 virtual hosts to the same ip I don't see how
the requsts will get to your server.
Here's what the apache docs say:
"Name-based virtual hosting is usually simpler, since you need only
configure your DNS server to map each hostname to the correct IP address and
then configure the Apache HTTP Server to recognize the different hostnames.
"

What do the various apache logs say when you try to access the virtual
domains? Anything?

Good luck.
Johnny