httpd-users mailing list archives

From justin wright <juston_rit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd.conf
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 00:49:36 GMT
There are commercial tools from Mercury and BMC that will monitor a web sites health, but they
aren't cheap.  If you simply want to see if its alive, you could use an application server
to send an HTTP request like GET / and test to make sure you get a response and that the status
is 200 ok and if it doesnt respond or sends something other than 200 Ok the process could
e-mail or page someboday.  I wouldn't use the same application server that sits behind Apache
to monitor apache.

----- Original Message ----
From: Red al tubor <redouane.redhat@gmail.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:14:53 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] httpd.conf

Hello,
And we have 3 Apache instance?? can we let the client see our error page when the server
stop responding??? i don't know exactly but is there any way to control the issue by providing
an error page to the clients like " The server busy" or " Please wait 30 minutes and reconnect
to  our site"...??? hope guys that there is a solution

Anyway any good solution to monitor the httpd process (the Application Server)???

Regards,
RN

Thanks in advance guys

free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.