httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bob Scrachy <bobscra...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Default Language autoindex output
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 23:16:08 GMT
If I've been reading the support docs correction (whcih i probably haven't) the only thing
AddCharset UTF-8       .utf8 does is define index.html files as having that particular charset.

quote
# Commonly used filename extensions to character sets. You probably
# want to avoid clashes with the language extensions, unless you
# are good at carefully testing your setup after each change.
# See http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets for the
# official list of charset names and their respective RFCs.
/quote

If thats the section pretaining to a default charset, i don't see an option for define an
autoindex default charset.

I've been fudging around with this for several days now and have gotten nowhere fast.

Thank you
~Bob

"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote: Bob Scrachy wrote:
> So I'm out of luck if i want to have french descriptions for files in my
> apache generated index?

not if you edit your httpd.conf in utf-8.

Bill