httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bhagwati Gupta <bpg10...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] TRACE and Apache 2.x
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 13:09:03 GMT
I was having similar problem with the Apache 2.2.3-4 version and finally
figured out that the TRACE option must be inside the virtual host
configuration file (and not apache2.conf). Hope it helps.

Bhagwati

Foster, Stephen (ASPIRE) wrote:
> We never got this to work properly.We ended up moving to 2.0.55 and using the traceenable
feature:

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#traceenable

mod_rewrite rule to disable the TRACE option:

> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
> RewriteRule .* - [F]
>
> When using these rules on Apache 2.0.46, TRACE is still possible. Beside the fact that
the whole TRACK & TRACE
> "security issue" is not that interesting, I still wonder how TRACE can be disabled in
Apache 2.0.46. I've also tried the TraceEnable option but that