httpd-users mailing list archives

From Don Russell <russell....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect clients
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 16:01:56 GMT
Red al tubor wrote:
> hello,
> Any idea about how can we redirect all the clients after a specified
> time or load on the cpu... to another site....
>
> Through apache...

Create the necessary config paragraph in a separate file in
/etc/httpd/conf.d via a cron job and restart httpd (by the same cron job).

Depends on your tolerance of Apache "down time" while httpd restarts...

Since you imply that there are other servers, that shouldn't be a problem.

cpu load.... sounds like you want basic "load balancing" techniques...