httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bhagwati Gupta <bpg10...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] changing the error status code for forbidden resources
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 20:55:07 GMT
Hi,
    I am running Apache 2.2.3 on my Debian 3.1 sarge machine. My local
web security team has examined the system and generated a detailed
security report. One of the issues that I am having difficulty to fix
relates to hidden directories. I have been advised to change the server
configuration such that '404 - not found' response is issued for
forbidden resources as opposed to '403 - forbidden' response. I have
tried looking on the web but have yet to find anything that could solve
my problem. I am not sure exactly how server responses for hidden
directories (or missing files) can be customized. Could you please help?
Thanks!

bpg