httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Walls <...@k6ccc.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] name resolution
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 06:10:35 GMT
Glen Vickers wrote:

> K I figured out whats going on with my virtual hosts. I have to have 3
> because of the differences. But I noticed that if I go sillumutah.com
> or sillumutah.net it works fine….
>
> If I put the WWW in front or any other prefix it bombs to the default.
> So my guess is its my virtual server config. Only reason I say that is
> because my DNS resolves all addresses properly to the correct IP
> address. So I looked online and thought I had it. My last test said
> NO! so my friends. What am I missing to get the WWW or any other
> prefix to work?
>
> Keep in mind that nslookup does pull up each of these correctly with
> all prefix’s… both inside and out…. So I’m stumped.
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>
> ServerAdmin monk@buddistpalm.net
>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>
> ServerName www.buddistpalm.net
>
> ServerAlias buddistpalm.net *.buddistpalm.net
>
> ErrorLog logs/buddispalm.net-error_log
>
> CustomLog logs/buddistpalm.net-access_log common
>
> </VirtualHost>

Beats me.

Here is an extract from my config file and except that you specify logs,
the admin, and port 80, it is exactly the same. I just tried,
www.wco-cardinals.org, wco-cardinals.org, and xyz.wco-cardinals.org and
they all worked.

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.wco-cardinals.org
ServerAlias wco-cardinals.org *.wco-cardinals.org
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/htdocs/wco-cardinals.org"
</VirtualHost>

--